Nov 7, 2015

Short Note: HTML5 localStorage - think "resume"

Just realise something that I have been using it so long,
while still not knowing one of the best part of its "resumable" feature.

It keeps what you last stored in the localStorage, and won't lost the stored data until you do it manually.

In this case,
we can check any progress updated before any kind of interruption,
and resume the progress from there.

One of my concern was that I didn't know I can really trust the stored data while having an interruption happens in the middle of the process.

Thanks to Dive Into HTML5: HTML5 Storage in Action,
I should start utilise it with progress status data and think localStorage from know on.
(Even though it isn't a very new thing anymore)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thank you for spending time leaving some thoughts, that would be really helpful as encouragement for us to write more quality articles! Thank you!